Bisquick Pancake RecipePancakes are my kids' favorite weekend breakfast, and this Bisquick pancakes recipe is fast and easy. Seltzer water is the secret ingredient that makes this Bisquick pancakes recipe stand out.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup seltzer water
- 2 cups baking mix (such as Bisquick)
- 1 tsp. butter (optional)
- Heat an electric skillet (compare prices) to 325 degrees F. Or place a skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and seltzer.
- Stir in the baking mix just until mixed and the large lumps have disappeared. Do not overmix.
- Let batter rest 5-10 minutes.
- Melt butter on griddle or skillet, if using.
- Ladle pancake batter onto the griddle by the quarter-cupful.
- Cook until tiny bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes and the bottom starts to brown.
If the bottom starts to brown before the pancakes are cooked, turn the heat down.
- Flip and cook until the other side turns golden brown.