I'm always coming up with new oatmeal recipes to tempt the kids, because I think oatmeal is such a great, healthy breakfast. Made with all the ingredients of s'mores
, this oatmeal recipe is topped with mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs. You could almost eat this oatmeal for dessert!
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 7 minutes
- 4 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups oatmeal (regular oatmeal or quick cooking oats, not instant)
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk (optional)
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add oatmeal, stir, and reduce heat to low. Let oatmeal simmer until the liquid is almost completely absorbed. This will take about 5 minutes for regular oatmeal and 1 minute for quick cooking oatmeal.
- Spoon oatmeal into four bowls. Divide marshmallows, chocolate chips, graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar among the bowls. Stir in milk if desired.
Makes 4 servings of s'mores oatmeal.