See also: French Toast Recipes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
Yield: 5 servings
- 10 slices day-old Challah or Italian bread
- 5-6 Tbsp. chocolate hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups cream or whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3-4 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat an electric skillet (compare prices) to 350 degrees F. Or heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Spread Nutella over five of the bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices to make five sandwiches. Place the sandwiches in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, vanilla and salt. Pour over the sandwiches. Using tongs or your fingers, turn to make sure sandwiches soak up egg mixture.
- Add butter to skillet.
- Place French toast sandwiches in skillet. Cook 2-4 minutes until golden brown. Turn and cook another 2-4 minutes until golden on the other side. Cover for the last minute of cooking, so the Nutella melts completely.
Don't Miss: How to Make French Toast