Sweet Potato PancakesI like to make these sweet potato pancakes in the fall, just as the weather starts to turn colder. Sweet and spicy, this sweet potato pancakes recipe uses mace to bring out the flavor of the sweet potatoes.
Feel free to substitute pecans for the walnuts in this recipe for sweet potato pancakes.
Don't Miss: Sweet Potato Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 cups baking mix, such as Bisquick
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup seltzer water
- 1/2 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. mace
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, plus more for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the baking mix, egg, milk, seltzer water, sweet potato and spices. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Let batter rest 10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat a griddle to 375 degrees F. or heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Drop batter onto griddle by the quarter-cupful. When bubbles appear around the edges and pancakes are golden brown on the bottom, flip.
- Cook on the other side until golden.
Serve warm, garnished with additonal walnuts, if desired.
Don't Miss: Pancakes Recipes for All Occasions