Look for prepared glazed pecans in the produce or nut section of your favorite supermarket. Emerald is one brand. Or you can make your own spiced pecans.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12-16 servings
- 4 slices center-cut bacon (preferably nitrate-free)
- 4 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 3-4 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans, such as Emerald glazed pecans (compare prices)
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Make sure broccoli and cauliflower florets are cut into small, bite-sized pieces. This not only makes the salad more appealing, it helps the flavors meld better.
- Place broccoli, cauliflower, pecans, onions and cranberries in a salad. Bowl. Toss.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour over the broccoli-cauliflower mixture, and toss to coat the salad evenly with dressing.
- When ready to serve, crumble the bacon over the broccoli cauliflower salad.