Since every oven is different, the cooking time for this broccoli recipe can vary by as much as 15 minutes. The best way to tell if the roasted broccoli recipe is done is by piercing it with a fork and tasting it. If it's tender, yet still a bit firm, it's ready.
Don't Miss: Roasted Broccoli Video Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb. fresh broccoli
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3-4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2-4 Tbsp. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Trim broccoli, and cut into florets that are roughly the same size. (Cutting the broccoli this way ensures even cooking.)
- Transfer the broccoli to a heavy baking sheet (I like to use my cast iron pizza pan (compare prices)). Sprinkle on the garlic and salt, and drizzle on the olive oil.
- Toss with your hands, trying to make sure each piece of broccoli is coated well with the oil. Spread broccoli out in an even layer.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Stir, then roast another 5-15 minutes until the broccoli is browned and crispy on the edges, but tender when pierced with a fork.
- Sprinkle on the grated cheese, and serve immediately.
Don't Miss: Broccoli with Cheese Sauce