Broccoli Casserole RecipeThis broccoli casserole is easy to assemble and makes a great side dish for everything from roast turkey to cranberry chicken.
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs or Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic (pre-minced garlic can be found in the produce section of supermarkets)
- 1/4 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 10 oz. frozen broccoli
- 1 14.5 oz. can creamed corn
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped onions
- Spray a 1-1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss butter with bread crumbs and parsley. Set aside 1/4 cup of bread crumb mixture.
- To remaining bread crumb mixture, add egg, garlic, pepper, broccoli, corn and onions. Mix well. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle reserved bread crumb mixture over top of broccoli casserole.
- Bake 40-45 minutes until bubbly.
*Note: To make this broccoli casserole in advance, simply prepare through step 3. Refrigerate the broccoli casserole covered, for up to 2 days, then bake. Or freeze, wrapped tightly, for up to two months. Then thaw the broccoli casserole overnight in the refrigerator and bake.