I like to use Granny Smith apples or another tart cooking apple in these brownies, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
Don't Miss: Apple Dessert Recipes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 36 brownies
- 1-3/4 cups firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 cups peeled and chopped apples (Granny Smiths, McIntosh or any cooking apple)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
- Place the brown sugar, melted butter, eggs and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl, and beat well.
- Dump the flours, baking powder and cinnamon on top. Stir until well-combined. Fold in the chopped apples, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Let the brownies cool 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
Don't Miss: Brownies They'll Go Crazy For