Don't Miss: Brownies for All Occasions
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
cooling time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: 36 brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 oz. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil or parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place butter and chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe container. Heat on 40% power for 1 minute. Stir and repeat until chocolate is melted. (The time it takes will depend on the power of your microwave.) Quick Tip: As the chocolate gets close to being fully melted, heat in 30-second increments, remembering to keep it at 40% power, so the chocolate doesn't seize up on you. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs. Beat in sugars, salt and vanilla.
- Add chocolate mixture, mixing well. Stir in flour until combined.
- If using, fold nuts into brownie batter.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared pan. Bake brownies on the middle rack of the oven 42 minutes until the top becomes crusty. Turn oven off. Open oven door. Leave brownies in the opened oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove chocolate brownies from the oven. Let cool completely.
Don't Miss: Peanut Butter Brownies