Don't Miss: How to Make Vegetables Taste Good to Kids
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Yield: 4-8 Servings
- 1-1/2 lbs. Brussels sprouts
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and trim Brussels sprouts. Using a food processor with the shredding blade, a knife or a mandoline (compare prices), shred the Brussels sprouts finely. They should look like cabbage for cole slaw. Set aside.
- Place the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet (such as a jellyroll pan) in an even layer. Toast in the oven until fragrant and golden brown, 5-8 minutes, stirring halfway through. Watch them carefully! Nuts can burn quickly.
- Make the dressing: In a large salad bowl, whisk together the oil, apple cider vinegar, sugar, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper. Taste, and adjust the seasonings.
- Add the shredded Brussels sprouts, nuts, parmesan cheese and dried cranberries to the dressing in the bowl. Toss well.
Don't Miss: Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad