Don't Miss: 19 Must-Try Zucchini Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 24-36 servings
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 pan or spray with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the oil, sugar and vanilla. Whisk in the baking soda and baking powder. Add the eggs, and beat well.
- Mix the flours together. Add about one-third of the flour mixture to the batter, and mix well. Now add one-third of the yogurt and beat it into the batter. Continue alternately adding the flour and yogurt until both are well incorporated into the batter.
- Stir in the cocoa powder, zucchini and chocolate chips. Transfer the cake batter to the prepared pan. Sprinkle the nuts on top. Bake 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bake comes out with just a few crumbs attached.
- Let the cake cool before cutting.
Don't Miss: Zucchini Bread Recipe