This cake makes a wonderful dessert for spring holidays, like Easter and Mother's Day.
Don't Miss: Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: 18 Servings of Carrot Cake
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, well-drained (optional)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tubs prepared cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, oil, yogurt, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla together until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves until well combined. Stir in carrots, pineapple, walnuts and raisins.
- Pour carrot cake batter into prepared pans. Bake on center rack 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the carrot cakes cool 10 minutes. Invert onto wire racks and let cool completely.
- Spread a layer of cream cheese frosting on top of one carrot cake layer. Top with the other carrot cake layer. Frost the top and sides of the carrot cake. Garnish with chopped walnuts if desired.