Chocolate Raspberry Cake Recipe
This chocolate raspberry cake recipe tastes like you spent hours on it, but it's so simple, because it starts with a cake mix. The combination of chocolate and raspberries is a marriage made in heaven, and this chocolate cake is a terrific way to enjoy it!
- 1 devil's food cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Raspberry Glaze:
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jelly
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a tube pan or bundt pan.
- With an electric mixer, beat cake mix, eggs, sour cream, water, buttermilk and oil together until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 42-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Heat raspberry jelly and water in the microwave for 30-90 seconds until smooth. With a pastry brush, brush raspberry glaze over cooled cake. Let cool 1 hour.
- Heat cream in a small saucepan over low heat until just scalded. Whisk in chocolate chips. Continue to cook, whisking, until thickened. Pour over cake.
- Garnish with raspberries, if desired.