This chocolate pudding cake is like eating a bowl of chocolate pudding mixed with cake. As the chocolate pudding cake cooks in the slow cooker, it forms a hot fudge layer over top and in the crevices. Ooey gooey and chocolatey, this chocolate pudding cake tastes great served warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1-2/3 cup boiling water
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker stoneware with cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, sugar, 2 Tbsp. of the cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the milk, butter and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the slow cooker stoneware, spreading to make an even layer. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 1/3 cup of cocoa powder with the brown sugar. Sprinkle over the pudding cake batter in the slow cooker to make another layer, but do not stir. Pour boiling water over the cocoa powder layer, but do not stir.
- Cover and cook on high 1-1/2 to 2 hours. You will know the pudding cake is done when there is a bubbly chocolate pudding around the edges and in the crevices of the cake, but a toothpick inserted in the cake part comes out clean.
Serve chocolate pudding cake warm with whipped cream or ice cream.