This ice cream cake recipe makes a perfect dessert for summer parties, holidays and potlucks. This ice cream cake looks impressive, but it's really simple to make. If you have a springform pan, you can make this ice cream cake recipe. I used Milano cookies for this ice cream cake recipe, but any cookie will work. Adjust to suit your taste!
- 18 chocolate sandwich cookies, such as Oreos
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 14-15 oval-shaped sandwich cookies, such as Milano cookies
- 1/4 cup hot fudge sauce
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream
- Pulse chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor, until they become coarse crumbs. Mix cookie crumbs with melted butter, and press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Take vanilla ice cream out of the freezer to soften.
- Press Milano cookies, short edge down, into the cookie crumbs, so they line the border of the springform pan. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Heat hot fudge sauce 20-30 seconds in the microwave (until it's smooth enough to pour), and drizzle over the cookie crumbs. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Spread softened vanilla ice cream over the hot fudge layer of the cake. Freeze at least 1 hour. While the ice cream cake is freezing, take the chocolate ice cream out to soften. Spread the chocolate ice cream over the vanilla ice cream layer. Freeze until firm, at least 30 minutes.