Ice Cream Cake Recipe
This ice cream cake recipe is like a banana split in an ice cream cake form. Layers of vanilla and strawberry ice cream are topped with chopped bananas and nuts and chocolate sauce. If you have time, use homemade strawberry ice cream
for this recipe.
Prep Time: 4 hours, 15 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours, 15 minutes
- 1-1/4 cups crushed graham crackers
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1-2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts, divided
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1-2 pints strawberry ice cream, softened
- 2 small bananas, chopped
- chocolate sauce for drizzling
- Combine crushed graham crackers and melted butter. Press into an 8-inch square pan.
- Freeze 10 minutes.
- Spread softened vanilla ice cream over graham cracker layer. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the chopped peanuts and the mini chocolate chips. Freeze 45 minutes to 1 hour, until firm.
- Spread strawberry ice cream over the peanut and chocolate chip layer. Freeze until firm, 2-4 hours.
- To serve, cut into squares. Top each square with chopped bananas, chopped peanuts and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Makes 9-12 servings of banana split ice cream cake.