Don't Miss: Chocolate Cake Recipes
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: 24 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Marshmallow Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar)
- 7 oz. jar marshmallow fluff or marshmallow cream
- 2 Tbsp. shaved chocolate for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Mix flour and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Place butter, cocoa and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Add to flour mixture, mixing well.
- Beat in eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, salt and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 20-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cake completely.
- Make marshmallow frosting: With an electric mixer, beat butter until fluffy. On low speed, beat in about one-third of the powdered sugar. Add the remaining powdered sugar, beating until incorporated. Beat in marshmallow cream.
- Frost moist chocolate cake with marshmallow frosting. Top with chocolate shavings, if desired.
Don't Miss: Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe