Don't Miss: Chicken Pasta Casserole Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 10-3/4 oz. can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 6 oz. package long-grain and wild rice rice
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 6 boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Combine soup, water, rice, seasoning packet from the rice and mushrooms in the baking dish.
- Spread the bread crumbs out in a shallow baking dish in an even layer. Press the chicken breast halves into the bread crumbs, turning to coat. In a skillet, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts, and brown on both sides. Place the browned chicken breasts over the rice mixture in the casserole dish.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the chicken. Sprinkle the paprika over the chicken.
- Cover and bake 1 hour or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.
Important: The only way to tell when chicken is cooked properly is to check it with a thermometer. I like to use an instant-read thermometer (compare prices) for this. Insert it in the thickest part of the chicken. Chicken is safe to eat when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. However, the residual heat will continue to cook the chicken for 10 minutes or so after being removed from the oven, so you can remove it from the oven when the chicken reaches 160-162 degrees F. Check the chicken again 5-10 minutes later with the thermometer to make sure it has reached 165 degrees F.
Don't Miss: Casserole Recipes