This casserole also works well as a freezer meal. Just prepare it in a freezer-safe baking dish or disposable pan, let it cool completely, then wrap tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. When ready to re-heat, let the casserole thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then bake at 350 until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
Although this recipe calls for prepared salsa for ease, you can certainly use your own homemade tomato salsa if you like.
Don't Miss: Recipes with Ground Beef
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 lb. lean or extra lean ground beef (85% to 93% lean)
- 1 15 oz. can baked beans
- 2 cups prepared salsa
- 1 10.75 oz. can or 12 oz. box condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish (compare prices) with cooking spray.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beans, salsa and cream of mushroom soup, and stir until the soup is melted into the beef mixture.
- Place 4 tortillas on the bottom of the baking dish. You can cut them to fit if necessary. Spread half of the meat mixture over the tortillas. Top with the remaining tortillas and then the remaining beef mixture. Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the casserole.
- Bake 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and the casserole is bubbly.
Don't Miss: Ground Beef Casseroles