Don't Miss: Best Chicken Recipes Ever
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings, chicken tenders
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cups good-quality garlic croutons
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. water
- few dashes hot sauce
- 1/2 cup flour
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 lbs. chicken tenders
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Drizzle olive oil onto a large baking sheet (compare prices).
- Place croutons in a food processor (compare prices). Pulse until the croutons form crumbs. Pour on a large plate or shallow dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, water and hot sauce together. Set aside.
- Season flour with salt and pepper. Spread in a shallow dish or large plate. Set aside.
- Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
- Make a breading station by lining up the bowls/plates in the following order: 1) the baking dish, 2) the crushed croutons, 3) the egg mixture, 4) the seasoned flour, 5) the chicken tenders. Using tongs, dip the chicken tenders in the flour, shaking off the excess, then the egg mixture, then roll the chicken tenders in the crushed croutons, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the tenders 7 minutes. Turn, and bake another 5-8 minutes until chicken tenders are crispy and cooked through.