Don't Miss: Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 large russet or Yukon gold potato, peeled, if desired, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 Tbsp. butter or olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. dried poultry seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups chicken stock or chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk or cream
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots and corn), preferably organic
- 2 cups cooked shredded rotisserie chicken or leftover shredded grilled chicken
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (the kind that comes in a thin disk, not the kind that is already preformed in a pie plate), thawed according to package directions, if frozen
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash potato, and prick several times with a fork. Place on a paper towel, and heat in the microwave until done, but still a bit firm when pierced with a knife, 7-10 minutes. Cut into 1/2-inch chunks, and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, and cook until softened. Season with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning.
- Add the flour, stirring for 1-2 minutes until flour turns a golden brown. Whisk in the chicken broth and milk, stirring constantly 4-5 minutes, until the mixture is thick and saucy. Taste and add more salt and/or pepper if necessary.
- Add the frozen vegetables (no need to thaw), chicken and garlic powder to the potatoes. Pour the sauce over all, and stir to coat the chicken and vegetables well. Transfer the mixture to a 9-inch deep dish pie plate or a 10-inch pie plate.
- Unroll the refrigerated pie crust and place on top of the pot pie filling. Crimp the edges, and cut three slits in the center of the pot pie to allow steam to escape. Place the chicken pot pie on a baking sheet (to catch any drips), and bake 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
Don't Miss: Chicken Pasta Casserole Recipe