This is just a simple baked chicken breast recipe that just happens to be breaded with crushed pretzels instead of bread crumbs. The saltiness of the pretzel crumbs will appeal to everyone in the family, and it's such a simple recipe, you'll want to make it part of your weekly repertoire.
Don't Miss: Baked Chicken Recipes | Pretzel Crusted Chicken Video Recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (low-fat is okay)
- 2 Tbsp. orange marmalade
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 cup crushed pretzels (place whole pretzels in a food processor and pulse until crumbs are formed)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the chicken breasts in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, orange marmalade, Dijon mustard and soy sauce. Using a spoon or a pastry brush, brush a thick layer of this mixture over each chicken breast. Sprinkle a thin layer of the pretzel crumbs on top, pushing down gently with your fingers to make sure the crumbs adhere to the chicken breasts.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven, and drizzle the melted butter over the top. Return the chicken to the oven, and bake another 15-25 minutes, until an instant thermometer (compare prices) reads 165 degrees F. Important: The only way to tell if chicken is done is by checking the temperature. Color is not an indicator of doneness. To make sure the chicken is not overcooked, check it about 5 minutes before you think it will be done. You can always cook chicken longer. But if it's overcooked, there's no way to go back and make it juicy again.