Don't Miss: Baked Chicken Recipes You Will Love
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6 servings baked chicken breasts
- 4 Tbsp. butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. finely-chopped parsley
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 lbs. bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts, preferably organic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- With your fingers, rub the butter mixture under the skin of each chicken breast, carefully separating the chicken breast from the skin without breaking the skin.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a 12-inch cast iron skillet (compare prices). Add chicken breasts, skin side down. Brown chicken breasts until golden, 3 minutes. Turn and brown chicken breasts another 3 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven to bake chicken breasts.
- Roast chicken breasts 15-20 minutes, until cooked through.