Don't Miss: Stir Fry Recipes for Kids
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. sherry
- 1 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 6 spring onions, chopped (white and light green parts only)
- 1 Tbsp. sweet red chili sauce
- 1 cup salted cashews
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Place in a bowl.
- Whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, cornstarch and sherry. Pour over chicken pieces. Stir, cover and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic, red peppers, and spring onions. Stir-fry until vegetables are softened.
- Add chicken, reserving marinade. Do not stir-fry immediately. First let chicken brown. Then stir-fry until chicken is cooked through.
- Add chili sauce, reserved chicken marinade and cashews. Stir-fry another 2 minutes or so until flavors meld and sauce thickens.
Makes 4 servings.