Chicken Curry RecipeRecipe courtesy of "Dinnertime! A special issue of Disney FamilyFun." Reprinted with permission.
This chicken curry recipe is a great way to expand kids' palates. Quick and easy, this chicken curry recipe takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. Serve this chicken curry with hot cooked rice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly-sliced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 (12- to 14-oz.) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 packed cups fresh baby spinach
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the onion and salt. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is soft, about 7 minutes. Add the curry powder. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute longer.
- Add the coconut milk, tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken cubes. Cook and stir, 5-6 minutes. Add the spinach and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Taste, and adjust seasonings.