Chicken Margherita RecipeThis chicken margherita recipe is a quick and easy dinner that is perfect for busy weeknights. Serve with a green salad and Italian bread.
Recipe Courtesy of Ragu. Reprinted with permission.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 slices fresh or packaged mozzarella cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 2 cups Ragu Old World Style Margherita Smooth Pasta Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. thinly-sliced fresh basil leaves
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken, turning once, about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce. Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Top each chicken breast with a slice of fresh mozzarella cheese. Let cheese melt. Top with fresh basil.
Chicken Breast RecipesCranberry Chicken Recipe
Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Crockpot Orange Chicken
Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Potato Chip Chicken
Kung Pao Chicken