Be sure to use long-grain rice, not instant rice, for this dish.
Don't Miss: Casseroles All Day Long
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 10-3/4 oz. can condensed roasted garlic cream of mushroom soup
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup long-grain rice (uncooked)
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together cream of mushroom soup, water and rice. Pour into prepared pan.Top with chicken breast halves. Season with black pepper.
- Cover and bake 45-50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon until almost crisp. Drain on paper towels. Break bacon slices in half.
- Uncover casserole. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with bacon. Bake, uncovered, another 10 minutes, until bubbly.
Don't Miss: Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole Recipe