Chicken Tortilla Soup RecipeThis chicken tortilla soup is so thick and hearty, it's a meal all by itself. Choose a mild, sweeter salsa for this chicken tortilla soup if the kids don't like spicy food. This chicken tortilla soup is also a great way to get kids to eat vegetables. I like to serve this soup with a thick, crusty French bread.
Be sure to check out my slow cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe, too.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chunky salsa
- 1 10.75 oz. can condensed tomato soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sweet corn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup roughly-crushed tortilla chips
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven or large, heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions, bell peppers and carrots. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic. Cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Add condensed tomato soup, chicken broth and cumin. Cook several minutes, allowing flavors to meld.
- Stir in chicken, corn and cilantro. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Stir half of the crushed corn chips into the soup. Ladle the chicken tortilla soup into bowls. Serve garnished with remaining crushed corn chips.
Don't Miss: Quick and Easy Recipes That Start with Salsa