This chicken tortilla soup recipe is one of those dump-and-forget recipes that's perfect for busy families. Warm and hearty, this soup proves slow cooker recipes don't have to be boring and bland. Serve this soup with sweet cornbread. Recipes That Start with Salsa | Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours, 15 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, 30 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 10.75 oz. can condensed tomato soup
- 3 cups prepared salsa (try different gourmet salsas for different flavor)
- 1/2 to 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup frozen corn
- chopped avocado, tortilla strips (such as Fresh Gourmet) and fresh cilantro for garnish
- Combine chicken, onion, tomato soup, salsa, 1/2 cup of chicken broth, cumin and garlic powder in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Remove chicken. Shred chicken and return to tortilla soup in slow cooker. Add more chicken broth if necessary. Season with salt and pepper. Add corn. Cook another 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve chicken tortilla soup topped with chopped avocado, tortilla strips and fresh cilantro.
Don't Miss: Chicken Soup Recipes