Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup
This tortilla soup recipe is one of those easy, dump-and-go slow cooker recipes you can make in the morning and enjoy at night. Sour cream, tortilla strips and fresh cilantro make nice garnishes for this chicken tortilla soup.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours, 15 minutes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 10 oz. can green enchilada sauce
- 1 10.75 oz. can condensed tomato soup
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 2 oz. can chopped green chiles
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. mild chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups tortilla strips (such as Fresh Gourmet), divided
- sour cream and cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Place onions, enchilada sauce, tomato soup, tomatoes, chicken broth, corn, chicken, chiles, garlic, chili powder and cumin in the slow cooker stoneware. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low 6 hours or high 3 hours.
- Add 1 cup of tortilla strips. Taste, and adjust seasonings. Cover, and cook another 20-30 minutes.
Serve warm, topped with tortilla strips and garnished with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.
Makes 8-10 servings.