Don't Miss: Oatmeal Cookie Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Total Time: 29 minutes
Yield: 24-30 cookies
- 1 cup virgin coconut oil (this is a solid fat, similar to shortening; keep it in a cool, dark place - if coconut oil gets too warm it will melt)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with silpat mats (compare prices) or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat coconut oil and sugars with an electric mixer until the sugars are well-incorporated. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, beating on low speed just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Stir in the oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonsful onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving 1 inch between the cookies. Bake 10-14 minutes until golden brown around the edges, but still soft in the middle. Don't overbake, or the cookies won't be chewy. Transfer the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies to wire racks to cool.
Don't Miss: Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies with Oatmeal