Recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies with No Brown Sugar
This chocolate chip cookies recipe has no brown sugar or granulated sugar. Instead this recipe for chocolate chip cookies uses powdered sugar. Similar to a shortbread cookie, these chocolate chip cookies melt in your mouth.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 19 minutes
Total Time: 34 minutes
Yield: 18-20 chocolate chip cookies
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp. cream
- 1 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips (compare prices)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats (compare prices).
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and beat well. Beat in the lemon zest, vanilla and egg yolk. Add the cream, and mix well.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating until incorporated, but do not overmix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the chocolate chip cookie dough by rounded tablespoonsful onto the prepared cookie sheets, leaving 1 inch between chocolate chip cookies. Bake 17-19 minutes until cookies are just starting to turn brown. Do not overbake. Let the chocolate chip cookies cool on wire racks 5 minutes.