Don't Miss: Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
Yield: 48 double chocolate chip cookies
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with silpat mats (compare prices) or parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars together with an electric mixer (compare prices). Add the eggs, beating well after each addition, and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture on low speed until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts, if using.
- Drop the cookies by rounded tablespoonsful onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10-13 minutes, until just firm to the touch. Don't overbake the cookies, or they will become crispy.
Don't Miss: How to Make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Video