Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Total Time: 26 minutes
Yield: 36-48 cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2-1/2 cups oatmeal (rolled oats)
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugars with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix into dough until incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Stir in oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10-11 minutes until golden around the edges and still a bit soft in the center.
Don't Miss: Oatmeal Cookie Recipes