Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Cookies
These sweet potato chocolate chip cookies have a wholesome, harvest flavor that makes me think of hay rides and apple picking. Although this recipe for sweet potato chocolate chip cookies calls for semisweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips would be lovely too.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together. Beat in sweet potatoes and eggs until fluffy and well-combined, about 45 seconds.
- Make a well in the center of the sweet potato mixture. Add flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Beat on low speed until incorporated. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Let sweet potato chocolate chip cookies cool on wire racks.