Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies with Oatmeal and NutsThese whole wheat chocolate chip cookies aren't any lower in calories than regular chocolate chip cookies. But they are full of good-for-you ingredients like whole wheat flour, rolled oats and walnuts. Chewy and earthy, these healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies make a great snack with a glass of milk.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
Yield: 36-48 cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Beat butter, peanut butter and honey with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- In a small bowl, stir flours, baking soda and salt together. Beat into wet ingredients on low speed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheets by the quarter-cup-ful. Bake 11-13 minutes until golden brown, but still somewhat soft in the center.
Don't Miss: Recipes for Chocolate Chip Cookies of All Kinds