Brownie Mix Cookies Recipe
Brownie mix cookies are soft and chewy and taste every bit as homemade as cookies that don't start from a mix. In this chocolate cranberry cookies recipe, the brownie mix is enhanced with the addition of sweetened dried cranberries. These chocolate cranberry brownie mix cookies are ideal for cookie swaps
because you can make a lot of cookies quickly, and they stay soft for days.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 36-48 cookies
- 1 16 oz. to 19.8 oz. brownie mix (I recommend Trader Joe's Truffle Brownie Mix)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (omit if brownie mix already has chocolate chips in it)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with silpat mats (compare prices).
- In a large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon or spatula, beat brownie mix, butter and egg until smooth, about 50 strokes. Stir in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Drop brownie mix cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheets by rounded tablespoonsful. Bake 10-15 minutes until cookies are firm to the touch and just browned around the edges.
- Let chocolate cranberry cookies cool on cookie sheets, then remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
Makes 36-48 chocolate cranberry cookies.