Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
These chocolate oatmeal cookies start with a chocolate cake mix. Oatmeal, chocolate chips and coconut add texture and great flavor to these chocolate oatmeal cake mix cookies.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
- 1 18.25 oz. chocolate cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup oatmeal (regular or quick-cooking)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with silpat mats.
- With an electric mixer, beat cake mix, eggs, melted butter and vanilla in a large bowl until combined. Stir in oatmeal, chocolate chips and coconut. The batter will be thick and stiff.
- Drop cookie batter by rounded teaspoonsful onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 13-18 minutes until cookies are browned on the bottom.
Makes 36 chocolate oatmeal cookies.