Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 32 servings
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a large cookie sheet.
- Place butter in a large mixing bowl, and beat with an electric mixer on high speed about 30 seconds until fluffy.
- On medium-low speed, beat in sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder until incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Beat in egg and pumpkin puree.
- Gradually beat in flours until incorporated. If you can't add all the flour with the electric mixer, stir in the rest. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Divide dough in half. On cookie sheet, form each half into an 8-inch log, patting down until each piece is about 2-1/2 inches wide.
- Bake 20-22 minutes. Place cookie sheet on wire rack, and let biscotti cool 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Slice biscotti into 1/2-inch pieces. Place cut side down on cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes. Turn biscotti over, and bake another 7-9 minutes until crisp.
Don't Miss: Top 10 Christmas Cookies of the Year