Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Chocolate crinkle cookies are a hit with just about everyone who tries them. Make them for your PTA bake sale, girl scout troop, Christmas cookie exchange
or next potluck, and watch everyone flood you with compliments!
Prep Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 32 minutes
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Place chocolate chips and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave on high 1 minute. Stir. If chips are not melted, heat another 30 seconds on high. Stir.
- Beat the sugar into the chocolate mixture.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating briskly until incorporated.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder with a spatula until a soft dough forms.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Form the dough into balls the size of a superball or a walnut (in its shell).
- Place the powdered sugar in a bowl. Roll the balls in the powdered sugar until completely covered -- you shouldn't see any chocolate peeking through -- and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until the edges are set and the middles are still a bit soft. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheets.