If you like these cookies, check out my easy soft gingerbread cookies recipe. Decorate them with colored sugar, sprinkles or even icing.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 12-16 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- gel icing for decorating
- M&Ms or striped white chocolate chips for decorating
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add the molasses, egg and vanilla. Beat well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
- Stir into the wet ingredients until well-incorporated (you can do this with your hands).
- Separate the dough into three pieces. Form into logs and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, remove dough from oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll dough out to a thickness of 1/4-inch. Use cookie cutters to make gingerbread people.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Let cool and decorate.
Don't Miss: Favorite Gingerbread Recipes