Key Lime Mexican Wedding Cakes
Mexican wedding cookies get jazzed up with a bit of coconut and lime zest in this recipe. They taste every bit as delectable as the original Mexican wedding cakes
with just a hint of the tropics thrown in. Who knows? They may become your new favorite Christmas cookies?
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 24-30 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice (use key limes, if available)
- 1 Tbsp. lime zest
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream together butter and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar with an electric mixer.
- Beat in flour.
- Stir in almonds, coconut, lime juice and lime zest.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Let cool completely. Roll in powdered sugar.