These cookies are fun to make with the kids, too. They especially seem to enjoy the job of putting the kisses in the cookies when they come out of the oven.
Don't Miss: Kiss Cookies Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 16-24 cookies
- 1 17.5 oz. package sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1-3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 4-5 drops red food coloring
- 18-20 dark chocolate Hershey kisses
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Dump cookie mix into a large mixing bowl. Add softened butter, egg and one tablespoon of flour.
- Using an electric mixer or your hands, mix until it forms a soft dough.
- Divide dough in half. Add peppermint extract to one half. Knead it into the dough until well-incorporated. Add a tablespoon of flour if dough is too sticky.
- Add red food coloring to the other half. Start with 4 drops of food coloring, and add more until you get a nice, deep pink color. Add a tablespoon or two of additional flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Pinch off a teaspoon of pink dough and a teaspoon of white dough. Stick together and form a ball.
Important: Don't knead them together, or the dough will all turn pink. You want a nice candy cane stripe.
- Place balls 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned on the bottom.
- Remove from oven and immediately press a Hershey kiss in the middle of each cookie.
Don't Miss: How to Host a Cookie Exchange Party