These sugar cookies are delicate, soft and chewy, the perfect holiday cookie to make with and for the kids. Decorate with sprinkles, colored sugars, sugar cookie icing and small candies.
Don't Miss: Favorite Sugar Cookie Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
refrigeration time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 23 minutes
Yield: 18-24 cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and milk.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture gradually, using the low speed of your electric mixer.
- Divide dough in half. Form into two thick pancakes. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly sprinkle a cutting board with flour. Roll dough out to a thickness of 1/4-inch. Using cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes.
- Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 6-8 minutes until just starting to brown around the edges.
- Remove from cookie sheets and let cool at least 10 minutes before decorating.