Don't Miss: Favorite Sugar Cookie Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
refrigeration time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 23 minutes
Yield: 18-24 cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and milk.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture gradually, using the low speed of your electric mixer.
- Divide dough in half. Form into two thick pancakes. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly sprinkle a cutting board with flour. Roll dough out to a thickness of 1/4-inch. Using cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes.
- Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 6-8 minutes until just starting to brown around the edges.
- Remove from cookie sheets and let cool at least 10 minutes before decorating.