Don't Miss: Homemade Food Gifts for Christmas
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4-8 servings
- 1/2 cup round peppermint candies or 3-4 candy canes
- 10 oz. semisweet chocolate (break out the good stuff for this recipe - it's worth it)
- 4-5 oz. white chocolate (such as Green & Black's or another good-quality white chocolate)
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, aluminum foil or waxed paper.
- Unwrap peppermint candies or candy canes, and place in a gallon-size zipper-sealed plastic bag. With a rolling pin, crush the peppermint until it forms chunks - you don't want it to be crushed so fine, it's a powder, just 1/4-inch bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Chop both chocolates. Place the chocolate pieces into a microwave-safe container, such as a Pampered Chef micro cooker (compare prices). Cover and heat on 50% power for 1 minute.
- Stir, and heat the chocolate another 30 seconds on 50% power. Stir, and repeat until the chocolate is completely melted (you may have to stir the chocolate vigorously for a minute or two for it to melt completely.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle the peppermint pieces over the chocolate. Let the chocolate peppermint bark cool at room temperature 10 minutes, then transfer the cookie sheet to the refrigerator or freezer, so it can cool completely. Break off pieces of the bark, and enjoy!