Don't forget to include the recipe directions on a tag attached to the jar.
Don't Miss: Homemade Food Gifts
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 7 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups powdered nonfat dry milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup non-dairy creamer (optional)
- chocolate chips and miniature marshmallows
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk nonfat dry milk, sugar, cocoa powder and creamer, if using, together until smooth.
- Using a funnel, pour the hot chocolate mix into a mason jar (compare prices), filling it about three-quarters of the way to the top.
- Layer chocolate chips and miniature marshmallows on top of the hot chocolate mix. Seal the jar, tie with a ribbon, and include this recipe for making homemade hot chocolate with the mix.
If using non-dairy creamer in the mix: Place 2-3 heaping tablespoons of the hot chocolate mix in a mug. Add boiling water, and stir well. Top with chocolate chips and miniature marshmallows
If you aren't adding non-dairy creamer to the mix: Warm 6-8 oz. of milk in a saucepan or the microwave until hot, but not boiling. Add 2-3 heaping tablespoons of the hot chocolate mix. Stir well. Top with chocolate chips and miniature marshmallows.
Don't Miss: Hot Chocolate Recipes