Don't Miss: 10 Kids Salad Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- For the Salad:
- 2 cups panettone bread cubes
- 6 oz. romaine lettuce
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 6 strips bacon
- Christmas Salad Dressing:
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F. Spread the panettone cubes out in an even layer on a heavy baking sheet. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes. Turn croutons. Bake another 25 minutes or until the croutons become dry and crispy. Remove the croutons from oven. Set aside.
- Cut or tear romaine lettuce into very small, bite-sized pieces (I find people prefer salads they can eat without cutting). Toss grapes and cheese with the salad greens.
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain and add to the salad. Top with panettone croutons.
- Pour the dressing ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour over the Christmas salad.
Don't Miss: How to Get Kids to Eat Salad