Mexican wedding cookies are the perfect make-ahead Christmas cookies
, because they freeze well. Just store them in an air-tight container in layers, with a layer of waxed paper between each layer. These cookies are also great for cookie exchange parties because you can make a large quantity just by doubling or tripling the recipe. You won't even need to do too many batches, because the cookies are so small.
Don't Miss: Chocolate Mexican Wedding Cookies | Cinco de Mayo Recipes
Prep Time: 3 hours, 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, 40 minutes
Yield: 30 Mexican wedding cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup very finely-chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Cream together the butter and powdered sugar with an electric mixer. Add vanilla.
- Using your hands, add walnuts and flour.
- Refrigerate the dough 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven, and roll in powdered sugar. Let cool, and re-roll in powdered sugar if desired.