Don't Miss: Favorite Gingerbread Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Total Time: 26 minutes
Yield: 36 chocolate ginger cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. mace
- 3/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. finely-chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2-3 Tbsp. turbinado or demerara sugar (or granulated sugar)
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon and mace together until well-combined. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat butter until fluffy with an electric mixer (compare prices). Beat in brown sugar until incorporated. Beat in molasses and egg.
- Add about one-third of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating on low speed until incorporated. Continue adding the remaining flour mixture in two batches. Beat until a soft dough forms, but do not overmix. Stir in crystallized ginger and chocolate chips.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place turbinado sugar in a small bowl. Form chocolate ginger cookie dough into 1-inch balls. Flatten ginger chocolate cookie dough until cookies are about 1/4-inch thick, then dip in turbinado sugar. Place cookies on ungreased or silpat mat-lined cookie sheets. Bake 8-11 minutes until firm to the touch.
Don't Miss: Easy Soft Gingerbread Cookies