Soft Chocolate Cookies
These soft chocolate cookies have a chocolate peanut butter frosting that really takes the flavor to the next level. Whether you're making these soft chocolate drops for a bake sale, picnic, party or just an everyday dessert, they are guaranteed to disappear.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 32 cookies
- 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 4 oz. semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Place unsweetened baking chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high 1 minute. Stir, and repeat until chocolate is melted.
- Add sugar. Stir well. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour until well-incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate dough 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silpat mat (compare prices).
- Roll dough into one-inch balls. Place on prepared cookie sheets, about one inch apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until just set. Do not overbake! Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Make frosting: Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave-safe container. Heat on high 1 minute. Stir, and repeat until chips are completely melted. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Spread over cooled cookies.